Normandy is the birthplace of Impressionism. In fact it was in Le Havre in 1872 that Claude Monet painted “Impression: Sunrise”.
Find information (main sites, activities, itineraries, events, contacts…) related to this famous artistic movement.
- Find out more about Impresssionism Here you will find more information about Impressionism in Normandy, how to build this into your programmes and discover Impressionism in images.
- Impressionist Normandy map Normandy’s Impressionist sites are easily accessible, spread out across the whole of the region, principally along the Seine Valley and the coast, from the Côte Fleurie to the Alabaster Coast.
- What we have to offer Here you will find all the attractions related to the theme of Impressionism in Normandy: major attractions, ideas to enrich your packages, walking tours, unusual activities, or sea and river trips.
- Events Exhibitions of paintings, sound and light shows… Every year, Normandy is the scene for a wide variety of artistic events based around Impressionism. These events celebrate the link between Normandy and this major artistic movement.
- To extend your Impressionist break outside Normandy After Normandy, extend your discovery of the Impressionists in Paris and its surroundings. Paris’s great museums exhibit some of the most famous Impressionist works. The Ile de France region was a source of inspiration, and a holiday destination, ...